Several high-level speakers will present insights on how to bridge towards Smart Cities and Communities.
We also offer you the opportunity to enter discussions with the European Commission, with policy and decision makers and with representatives from industry as well as practitioners, who will share their experience gained from the CONCERTO projects. Within the CONCERTO initiative, 58 European cities and communities, from a total of 23 European countries, have worked on role models to demonstrate smart, district level solutions that improve the energy efficiency of buildings, and that supply renewable energy from on-site sources.
This event enables you to exchange your experience and gather new ideas:
• on how to initiate such demonstration projects as a “newcomer”,
• on how to get started for up-scaling from neighbourhood level to city and community level,
• on how to finance such projects,
• and to discuss with us if clean energy is affordable and which combination of technologies is recommendable for others
• and to discuss with us what range of stakeholders is needed to run such a project successfully and how to overcome barriers regarding their participation,
• on how EU / national / regional and local policy frameworks can support the initiation of such a project and can support the energy transformation,
• on how to compare your regional conditions with the projects from the CONCERTO initiative – a session will guide you on how to use the CONCERTO projects` Technical Monitoring Database.
Take this opportunity to meet with others to do business or to prepare ideas for future projects.
Does this appeal to you?
The conference focuses on participants from industry, representatives from cities and communities, other stakeholders from the EU28 and from associated countries of the European Research Area.
Where?: Charlemagne Building, Rue de la Loi 170, Brussels, Belgium
When?: 22nd October: 09:00-17:00 (plus evening reception), 23rd October: 09:00-14:00
The conference language is English.
Participation is free of charge but registration is necessary.
You can register now at: http://www.amiando.com/concerto_conference.html