The architectural design of the intelligent control system from the FIEMSER project has been complemented with models for the information exchanged between the main parts of the system. The models are designed for receiving information coming from outside (weather conditions, electricity prices, gas prices etc.), for data to be exchanged between the main components of the architecture, and for data to be exchanged with loads, generators and storage devices.
The model development took into account previous work and other approaches like existing models for the building sector, as well as work done in other related research projects. Special attention was paid to the interoperability with architectural CAD software tools and building energy simulation tools. Based on this knowledge and the functional specification of the system, a complete UML data model has been defined.
The elaboration of a data-treating model is a complex task, due to numerous and varied data (among other reasons). To handle the complexity, the methodology followed a bottom-up approach that consisted in i) categorizing of the data handled in the project case studies, ii) modelling data in each identified category and iii) merging the resulting sub-models into a holistic model for the project. The sub-models enable analysis and storing of different kinds of data. The following sub-models have been developed:
- Environment and contextual data (location, climate, weather, energy prices etc.)
- Energy-focused building information model (space organization and home equipment)
- WSN-related data (sensing and actuator data)
- User preferences (usage profile, control rules and energy strategy)
- Resources scheduling data
- Advices (orders related to activities of the users)
- Energy performance indicators (data from consumption measuring and performance indicators)
- User access rights (according to the project specifications)
The model will not only be disseminated towards direct users, but also towards all relevant standardisation bodies as a vital part of the project’s built environment assessing and monitoring system.
FIEMSER project deliverable D5